- How I Help
- Why Do I Care? Defining Your Passion and Personal Buy-In Factor! [ARTICLE]
Why Do I Care? Defining Your Passion and Personal Buy-In Factor!
The ability of a sales professional (aka recruiter, client services contact, account manager, business development manager, etc.) to believe in what they represent has a direct impact on how others perceive them. When a sales professional buys into what they represent, that has a direct impact on their sales effectiveness. Studies indicate that successful sales agents have a firm "belief" in what they do and what they represent.
Ask yourself a few checking questions right off:
- 1. What are my Values that drive my professional behaviors?
- 2. What am I Passionate about that drives my desire to professionally do what I do?
- 3. Why did I first come to do this Vocation or Job?
- 4. Why did I believe this was Important in the beginning to drive me to do what my business card indicates is my position?
- 5. Do I still believe this?
- 6. Why should anyone else care or be interested in what I do or what I represent?
Knowing why one cares, you care, drives your needs and can help you to deal with the negatives, challenges or derailments that can be associated with sales.
Think about this for a moment. When you believe in something that you do, your passion for it grows. When your passion grows, then your motivation grows. And, when your motivation grows, your buy-in level is likely to become firm with conviction.
Your ability as the sales professional to take care of an existing client significantly increases your sales effectiveness with that customer. More than any other single factor, telegraphing and sharing your buy-in energy will help you to connect with the customer.
“Why do I care?” is a question of passion, motivation, and conviction!
As with any serious profession and professional, another way to test your buy-in level of confidence, conviction and professionalism is what you do to continue to push yourself to be the best that you can be and elevate proof to why you care for both your profession and the customer, consider:
- 1. What was the last educational article I read that elevates my ability to professionally serve my marketplace? Or write?
- 2. What was the last educational book or on-line post I read that elevates my ability to professionally serve my marketplace? Or wrote?
- 3. What was the last educational program, class or on-line learning program I participated in that elevates my ability to professionally serve my marketplace? Or facilitated?
- 4. Is there a professional certification process related to what I do and am I current?
- 5. Do I consider myself a Subject-Matter-Expert (SME) at what I do, and how would I validate or prove this?
- 6. Does my business portfolio represent results of me being proactive or more responsive to opportunities that come to me?
As a sales professional, you must understand the “why” of what you represent and the “why” of your own buy-in, before you can be expected to represent the organization enthusiastically to the world. It’s important to understand your unique buy-in reasons and learn how to share them with the world.
"If you are looking to master the sales process to propel your career or your company forward, We have several great programs for you!"
Program Options For
Sales MasteryMore Ways Jeff Can Help
Get instant access to our online training program designed to help you grow at your own pace.